Thursday, March 01, 2007

Experiment: The God That Won't Deliver

This is an experiment to be conducted with a partner.
You will write a poem together.
The first line of the poem should be, “the god that won’t deliver is indeed rising”.
One person will write, but both individuals will determine each line after the first.
Person A will suggest a line. Person B will then either say “Yes” or offer a counter proposal.
There should be no excess discussion.
You must imagine your selves as two voices within one mind.
Let the ideas flow between you unimpeded by social niceties.
You should both be open to the process and unattached to the outcome.
Make quick choices and avoid over censoring and over editing.

Example 1-

Person A- “Under my bed tonight…”
Person B- “Yes.”
Person A- “Yes.

Example 2-

Person A- “Under my bed tonight…”
Person B- “Under my head this night…”
Person A- “Yes.”
Person B- “Yes.”

Example 3-

Person A- “Under my bed tonight…”
Person B- “Yes.”
Person A- “Over my bed tonight…”
Person B- “Yes.”
Person A- “Yes.

Example 4-

Person A- “Under my bed tonight…”
Person B- Under my window tonight..”
Peron A- “In my window tonight…”
Person B- “Yes.”
Person A- “Yes

The experiment ends when you have added eleven lines to produce a poem with a total of twelve lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home